We're sorry to see you go!
If you want to delete your TextNow account, first you'll want to make sure that you save anything that you want to keep because you will immediately lose access to your account after submitting a deletion request. This includes voicemails, text messages, and your phone number.
Want to Keep Your Number?
If you are eligible to port out your phone number and want to continue using it with a new cellular provider, you'll need to complete the porting process before submitting a deletion request. Our support team can help get you the information that you need to port out your number through Chat. Our chat hours are 10am-5:30pm (Eastern), every day. Just look for the little purple bubble at the bottom of any Help Center page!
How to Delete your Account
You can delete your TextNow account and the data associated with it by visiting the Data Rights Request Form page. Clicking the link will open the page shown below in a new tab (if you aren't already logged into your account through the web browser it will first ask you to log in).
- Click on the drop-down box under the Create a new request section
- Select “Request Account and Data Deletion”
- Make sure that the email displayed is the email address registered to the account you want to delete
- Click the “Delete My Account” button to confirm the request
- Once you submit the request, you will be logged out and will no longer be able to use this account on TextNow
Can I get my Account Back?
No, once you've submitted an account and data deletion request you will permanently lose access to the account. If you ever decide to begin using TextNow again, you'll need to sign up for a new account.