All legal orders must meet the following requires before TextNow will consider releasing user data:
- Addressed to TextNow, Inc.
- Contain a valid TextNow phone number, username, or email address
- Specifically list the data that is being requested
- Specify the date(s) and time zone for the requested data
- Contact information for the requesting officer
- First and last name
- email address (must be their official agency email address)
- phone number
- Due date
- Signed and dated
- Email address for the officer who data should be disclosed to
All orders should be uploaded to our new Law Enforcement Portal. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get information and access to the Portal.
TextNow’s Information to Obtain (ITO) form:
We understand that legal language can differ across states and provinces/territories, so in order for our team to fulfill all legal requests without confusion or delay, we suggest law enforcement complete our Information To Obtain (ITO) form to clarify their request.
*The ITO form does not need to be completed if the order is submitted via our Law Enforcement Portal
Please note: TextNow, Inc. is unable to guarantee the retention of all data for our users, and we only accept requests from verified law enforcement agencies.
All records are sent out electronically (eg. CSV files)
All requested information is in the possession of TextNow, Inc. (420 Wes Graham Way, 2nd Floor, Waterloo Ontario, N2L 0J6 Canada)
TextNow will not accept Orders via fax.
For additional information, please request a copy of our Law Enforcement User Guide by emailing email@example.com
**International legal requests must be processed via MLAT, for more information visit the IAG
U.S Law Enforcement agencies are exempted from MLAT process.**