If you're experiencing audio issues where the person you're calling cannot hear you, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet (either WiFi or Cellular Data)
- Call quality is heavily dependent on your network speeds. Please make sure you are getting proper internet speeds (You can do a speed test here)
- If you’re using cellular data, we suggest changing from 3G to 4G or LTE. If you have the option to use Wi-Fi, that’s more preferable. The improved speeds will ensure that your calls are well connected
- Disable Data Saver Mode if enabled
- Make sure all permissions are enabled for TextNow. If you're unsure if they are all enabled. you can uninstall and reinstall the TextNow app.
- Ensure the TextNow app is up to date
- To see if your app is up to date you can go to the Play Store (Android) or AppStore (iOS) and search for TextNow. If you see an option to Update, then click Update. If you do not see an option then your app is up to date.
- Turn on Background Data usage
- To do so on Android, open Settings and go to Apps > TextNow. Tap on Data Usage or Mobile Data & Wi-Fi. Enable Background data
- To fix it on iPhone, open Settings > Scroll down, and tap on TextNow. Turn on the toggle next to Mobile data.
- Turning off Bluetooth, especially on older phones may solve this problem
- Bluetooth can be turned off via your main device Settings menu.
- Try clearing the Cache *Android only
- Clearing cache will not delete any personal data from your phone. It only removes the temporary files. However, don’t tap on Clear storage or Clear data as it will delete all your chats and you will need to reload them again.
- To clear cache, open Settings on your phone and go to Apps or Apps & notifications. Tap on TextNow under All apps. Tap on Storage followed by Clear cache.
If the above doesn't work you can try to uninstall/reinstall the TextNow app. If you're still noticing that the sound isn't quite working right after trying the above, please contact us on chat. Click the purple chat bubble on the bottom right, ask to speak to an agent, and then tap Get in touch when prompted to speak to an agent.
Our agents are available via chat 10am-5:30pm (Eastern), every day.