Sound being delayed can often be remedied by going through the following steps below:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet (either WiFi or Cellular Data)
- Sound quality is heavily dependent on your network speeds. Please make sure you are getting proper internet speeds (You can do a speed test here)
- If you’re using cellular data, we suggest changing from 3G to 4G. If you have the option to use Wi-Fi, that’s more preferable. The improved speeds will ensure that your calls are well connected
- Disable Data saver Mode if enabled
- Ensure the TextNow app is up to date
- To see if your app is up to date you can go to the Play Store (Android) or AppStore (iOS) and search for TextNow. If you see an option to Update, then click Update. If you do not see an option then your app is up to date.
- Disable Battery optimization or Power saving Modes
- If you have a Samsung phone, make sure the power mode is set to High performance. You can find that in the main phone settings under Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode.
- Turn on Background Data usage
- To do so on Android, open Settings and go to Apps > TextNow. Tap on Data usage or Mobile data & Wi-Fi. Enable Background data
- To fix it on iPhone, open Settings, scroll down, and tap on TextNow. Turn on the toggle next to Mobile data.
If the above doesn't work you can try to uninstall/reinstall the TextNow app. If you're still noticing that the sound isn't quite working right after trying the above, please contact us on chat. Click the purple chat bubble on the bottom right, ask to speak to an agent, and then tap Get in touch when prompted to speak to an agent.
Our agents are available via chat 10am-5:30pm (Eastern), every day.