Call dropping can often be remedied by going through the following steps below:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet (either WiFi or Cellular Data)
- Sound quality is heavily dependent on your network speeds. Please make sure you are getting proper internet speeds (you can do a speed test here)
- If you’re using cellular data, we suggest changing from 3G to 4G. If you have the option to use Wi-Fi, that’s more preferable. The improved speeds will ensure that your calls are well connected
- Disable Data saver Mode if enabled
- Ensure the TextNow app is up to date
- To see if your app is up to date you can go to the Play Store (Android) or AppStore (iOS) and search for TextNow. If you see an option to Update, then click Update. If you do not see an option then your app is up to date.
- Turn on Background Data usage
- To do so on Android, open Settings and go to Apps > TextNow. Tap on Data usage or Mobile data & Wi-Fi. Enable Background data
- To enable this on an iPhone, open Settings, scroll down, and tap on TextNow. Turn on the toggle next to Mobile data.
- If you're travelling, you might be going through a roaming area, which could possibly drop your call. We recommend attempting again when you're a reliable area with coverage.
- If you're not travelling, and you notice the call dropping when moving from WiFi to LTE, contact us via chat.
To speak to a support chat agent for further troubleshooting, tap the purple chat bubble on the bottom right, ask to speak to an agent, and then tap Get in touch. Our agents are available to chat 10am-5:30pm (Eastern), every day.